Monday, March 3, 2014

California Dreaming

My bike left Atlanta on Monday, Feb 24, and I flew to Los Angeles on Wed, Feb 26, to attend a Road Scholar board meeting. That evening I had the distinct honor of attending a performance of the Simon Bolivar Orchestra of Venezuela conducted by Gustav Dudamel. The seat was in the balcony not more than 25 feet from Dudamel and felt like being in the orchestra. (For those who would like to know more here is a link to the LA Times review: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/culture/la-et-cm-bolivars-tchaikovsky-review,0,4483344.story#axzz2urlvvm4c) The next day after meetings we journeyed to the shrine like Ronald Reagan Library west of LA in Simi Valley.

My bike and I were reunited on Saturday and I was able to get out Sunday for about 28 miles on the Santa Ana Trail. Here are a few pictures from the trail that follows a concrete encased river from Huntington Beach north through Anaheim.



No comments:

Post a Comment