Friday, May 1, 2015

Day 46- DeFuniak Springs to Marianna


Tuesday, April 21- 69 miles

Sorry no pictures on this day. I met Rose, Murph and Alan at the town library. I rode up from a motel south of town and they rode in from the campground on the north side. Today's route took us around the small lake and through the historic district of DeFuniak Springs before resuming the easterly direction along US90. We made good time through much of the same route that I had traversed during the Bike Florida event, now three weeks ago.

We reached the lunch stop before 11 am, so we all decided to proceed on to Marianna and have lunch at Bistro Palms, the nice place JJ and I discovered two weeks earlier through Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed and enjoyed a leisurely lunch on their patio. Afterwards we proceeded to the Arrowhead Lake campground and the motel, a bit further south where Nan and I stayed. We returned, first for a frozen chocolate yogurt shake for me and then later a sumptuous dinner at the campground. Very pleasant day and evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment