Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Third Time a Charm

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Last year Bill P organized a few riders from the Atlanta based King Biking Group to travel down to Florida to meet Judy, a 2015 Coaster, and me as we completed the Coast2Coast ride. They rode their bicycles South from Amelia Island on the Georgia border to St Augustine. As you may recall my ride was interrupted again. Bill immediately offered to help me finish up the last three days of riding. His hip replacement surgery in November and my commitments delayed the trip. We vowed, however, to find at least three days of clear and relatively warm (60+) weather and we would set out.

We watched weather forecasts and finally saw four consecutive days of ideal conditions in North Florida last week. We left Atlanta after breakfast and made the  250 mile drive to Madison in about 4 hours. We did not see much of Madison as we drove past the quaint downtown and out to a motel on I-10. We decided to drive over to Live Oak for dinner at the Dixie Grill, which I knew had most adequately catered a Bike Florida event in early April 2015. Did not disappoint.


No comments:

Post a Comment