Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 41- Poplarville to Ocean Springs


What a day! It started with me getting up cold, damp and unable to access toilet facilities. Yes, I was grumpy and would have chosen not to have riden. Funny thing, once I started to ride my body as well as my disposition began to warm up. The route took us up and down through thick pines of the DeSoto National Forest. We encountered very little traffic and although cloudy, rain never materialized.

We reached our second and lunch stop where we were greeted by the friendly sign, above. We also learned that our intended destination and campground was flooded so we were asked to remain at the church and await alternative instructions. We soon learned that we would be staying in a nice warm and dry Motel 6 along I-10 in Ocean Sorings. Here's a picture of happy bikers:


No comments:

Post a Comment