Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ouch!

Last Thursday morning I checked into the Emergency Room of nearby Piedmont Hospital to get a diagnosis of a persistent pain in the right lower abdomen. I was hoping that it was just a muscle pull from all the bike riding or worse appendicitis. My mother, wife and one daughter have each endured an appendectomy and I thought that it might just be my turn. Instead, the diagnosis was an Inguinal hernia (For details, see link: http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/inguinal-hernia-topic-overview)

I had eaten breakfast so I had to wait until 4 pm for surgery to repair the hernia and install a bit of plastic mesh. My wife brought me home where I am now slowly recovering. Although I am supposed to stay off my bike for 4 weeks I am still optimistic that I can train for 4 weeks and be ready to depart San Diego on March 8. More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment